Here is a short supply list, the most important thing when sewing leather is you’re sewing machine, a home machine will not give you the results you are looking for.
- Fabric: Medium to heavy.
- Pattern Paper- oaktag or poster board that students use in school. The paper should be stiff.
- Steel ruler 24″
- Scissors and utility knife or exacto knife.
- Rubber cement- this should be very good quality Rubber cement, if you have a Tandy leather or any place that sells sewing supplies for leather would be a good start.
- Cutting board
- Think about the bags you would like to make, you will start with a tote, think about closures, like magnetic snaps, drop locks or turn locks.
- To get ideas, go to Ohio Travel Bag, you can google them.
This list will get you started and you can buy additional supplies as you go through the classes.